Dream big lil one



Failure- lack of success, the omission of expected required action

As a woman, human being, mother the thought of failure not only in everyday conquest but in life can be overwhelming to the point of debilitating. Almost placing you in a state of paralysis the fear of what if's and maybes start to make the act of trying to succeed impossible. We all at some point in time struggle with it and are given the option to face the fear and keep moving or to stop all together and give up on whatever task or dream we may have had.
A few days ago my daughter asked me "Mom what did you want to be when you were little?". Simple question
As I begin to answer...A national geographic photographer, however that would involve possibly dangerous travel and situations so that changed. A veterinarian however the thought of having to put down a sick animal or blood in general is just not for me. A writer, I always had a desire to either write poetry which I haven't done in years or for the newspaper both those are no longer a passion however blogging now has fulfilled that dream. I consider that a win!
Having that conversation with her not only made me really sit and look at all the things I dreamed of doing but also the dreams I have now. I had simple reasons to stop and not do many of those things. But the reality is I mainly had fear of failing and also of succeeding.
Sounds weird to say out loud but honest.
I've come from a prior domestic violence relationship that truly stripped my confidence, than the struggle of being a single mom amongst other struggles can cause me for a moment to look at my past and really question the dreams I'm currently reaching for and make me question.....
 am I capable?
These past few months I truly feel as though I've allowed that fear to keep me still instead of full force ahead charging towards my dreams.  My biggest fear now is not failing its not truly trying. I'm learning when dreams feel to big to achieve surround yourself with people who are capable of dreaming bigger than you. People who when you doubt yourself can call out the dreamer in you. People who will pray for you and challenge you to be better each day. People who are will pick you up and remind you failure is no longer optional and neither is fear.
I want my lil humans to dream so big and to know failures will come but never stop trying!





Comments

Popular Posts