Dream job

It's Monday January 11, 2016 That's crazy!  This year had kicked off to an amazing start.  My babies went back to school!!! Amazing business opportunities have arose  (more details to come), I've met some amazing inspiring women. So far no complaints!!
My babies have decided regardless how crazy or the multiple times during the week I turn into a mombzie they love it!! I can't lie and say I've made this schedule we keep on track or my house is completely organized or spotless cause let's be real it's not. I see people all the time even family who when they hear I'm a stay at home mom immediately it's a "I could never do that" response or a look that I prefer to call "stank face". Listen this was not my dream job (I'm to all over the place to ever pick one job to be a dream job) but it has been. I get to wake up at 5:30 or 6am which use to happen anyways however I'd lay I'm bed on Facebook or catching up with whatever TV shows I didn't get to watch in bed. Now I get to wake up and make breakfast for these monkeys or do the same lol but plan my to do list for the day. I get to say good morning to my babies and not be stressed about going to work and getting anxiety because my boss didn't like me or being yelled at by customers all day (however this almost 2 year old does get angry sometimes, it's not pretty).
Other people have the impression that since I'm home I can sleep all day or just sit and watch TV to them I laugh in their face! Do you know how much laundry 4 tiny humans create a day?? A day people?? It's crazy! Do you know the amount of dishes I have to wash? I wash not the dishwasher. Plus on top of cleaning a house I have this little tiny person who is behind every mess I clean remaking it. Not to mention everyday running around, grocery shopping. Listen the list of crap I do a day is never ending. You clean one mess and two more are made. When a stay at home mom says she's tired it's honestly on a whole different level I now get it. Now that's speaking for the moms who actually interact with their children and clean up try to maintain a healthy home, not being mean but I know there are those out there who do sit home all day, let house look a hotmess and watch tv....sometimes I envy her.
When did people get this negative response to stay at home moms?
No I don't get paid for my job
I don't get a raise
I don't have a bonus
I don't get weekly meetings with my boss
But I do raise amazing little people to be amazing responsible adults. My 10 year old is learning how to cook. She knows that no matter what obstacles comes your way you can conquer them. That if her day is bad it's okay we can talk about it while we are cooking together. She will know as an adult healthy food is better because you have one body so take care of it, that whipping up a homemade meal is simple don't over think it, that beauty on the outside can fade so always be beautiful in the way you treat others. My boys get lost in being ninjas and the baby is usually the one chasing them but they know while they are playing they can look over and see me there watching, that if they call a timeout and want to tell me about the day I'm there.
My point to saying all this is I never thought staying home was an option. I thought working a job you sometimes liked but always complained about was what you are supposed to do. That it's more important to be at a job and be proud I've worked there for 8 years even though I haven't loved it. But I've learned I love cooking homemade meals and writing down recipes for these tiny people everyday and being home with them, hearing about their days, doing their dirty laundry and being able to create stuff with them. I absolutely love being a stay at home. I'm excited to see what this year has in store so far it's been amazing!!

Comments

Popular Posts