Mom so hard!!! #teamexhausted



  ex·haus·tion


  1. a state of extreme physical or mental fatigue  
           ( Oxford Dictionaries)




  Being a stay at home mom with four kiddos, a wife, small business owner with 2 dogs, cat and 1 gerbil embraces the word exhausted with a mini van, lipstick and Starbucks in hand!! I love the phrase "how do you do it?" easy answer......I have no choice lol I am a mom. That means I am on call 24hrs a day 7days a week pretty much a super hero. There is no clocking out!
  Recently with my minions back at school of course they encountered the back to school cold as they do every year and being the sweet babies that they are they always share it with each other and of course as soon as everyone is better and back to speed yours truly gets hit with it full force :) How mothers 20 years ago did it without Google, Netflix, Pinterest and urgent care is beyond me. I truly admire you women.
  I absolutely adore these tiny humans. There is never a dull moment today the song of the day was Hello by Adele and was sung high pitch by the two year old diva. As I sit and write this my lil man is wearing his ninja suit mask included that he has convinced me is now pajamas. I mean its rather smart if needed to protect us he is ready and dressed. My cool guy is dressed of course in ninja turtle pj's and miss t is of course to cool for all that and currently is in yoga pants. My house is crazy and loud and busy and usually every morning you can find me with coffee in hand warming it up multiple times before I am even able to take the first sip. But man it makes life all worth it! I never truly knew what love was or really even what true exhaustion felt like until I became a mom.
  Yesterday was one of those "OH CRAP!!! I have a 6th grader moments" my life flashed before my eyes during my Mary Kay meeting when a notification for a Instagram friend request popped up and I realized it was my 11 year old. My 6th grade years flashed before my eyes boys I had crushes on, friends conversations, passing notes had that lump in my throat moment. My 6th grade years did not include chrome books we carried between classes or iPad we worked on during class I don't even think we had cell phones yet those were for our parents. Anyone who knows me knows I am that mom who is so far from the cool mom my kids are raised to be kids. That means you play outside in dirt and together. They are not iPad zombies! They actually have to interact and say yes sir, yes ma'am at dinner table or when talking to adult. SO the thought of my child having and creating a Instagram account without asking me made me want to vomit and scream. I had played out a conversation in my head on the way home and possibly out loud, but once I walked in the door the house was silent everyone was asleep and only the dog greeted me. In other words miss t was safe until I heard "mom" coming from the stairs. My beautiful big eyed, curly haired baby approached me with watery eyes and confessed "mom I created and Instagram account because I was dared and I know it was dumb and I am so sorry I shouldn't of done it without talking to you" I was speechless. I explained to her my concerns for the internet that there are crazies out there that mama can't protect her from when she's online she understood and cried and hugged me told me she was so sorry and loved me. I knew all those late nights of watching Dateline together would one day pay off! In all seriousness I couldn't be more proud of what an amazing beautiful human I am raising! She stood in the hallway entered her password her account didn't have any info on it or pictures on it and she erased it. I tried to keep that angry I'm disappointed face but in reality I was so proud of her.
  I could probably use a few months of sleep. Like no joke hubs goes to work at 5am sometimes 4 and that means I am up once alarm goes off sometimes 2:30am most times 3:30am and I am up until around 9pm or 10 sometimes later. I know one day though my house will be quiet all these tiny humans will be in school. My business will be full force, traveling will happen and big dreams hubby and I am dreamed will be playing out and our lives will be different in other ways right now I am enjoying this kind of exhausted.
 

Comments

Popular Posts