Embrace your beautiful




How do you view your body? 

  If forced to stand in front of a mirror and describe what you see what words would you use? Would they be words describing the undeniable beauty you see in front of you? Would you mention the distinct signs of beauty that only you have? Scars? Indents? Tiger stripes? Would you embrace each one and describe how amazingly unique they are? Be proud that you are the owner of the body you are in? OR Would you sit and stare and describe all the imperfections? Would you be able to look at yourself or would you turn away?  Would you bash every part of you because it does not meet the standards you have built in your head of perfection? Mention and point out the parts that could change? Talk about your lack of flat stomach, lack of thigh gap, muffin top, small/big breast, thighs to small/to big? Talk about your lack of exercise? Obsessing over diets? How do you see you? I am a mother of two beautiful girls one who is entering that odd age of preteen and one who is an out spoken 3 year old diva to the fullest. I ask how you see yourself because one day I know just like myself my girls will face the day they stand in front of a mirror and have that self talk, what will they say?
   I strive to be a positive influence in their life and oh so many countless times I have fallen short. I have made bad choices. I have suffered and lived through some traumatic events that fueled that hateful talk. I have done self harm and said those hateful things about that reflection in the mirror. I have doubted my self worth. I like most women would compare to what was seen in society as beautiful and always in one way or in my eyes many I always fell short. There is an old saying with age comes wisdom which I am finding to be true.
  I am 33 year old mother to 4 beautiful babies and a wife. The way I viewed myself 5, 10, 15 years ago has changed dramatically! Tiger stripes cover my body, across my neck right at the base a scar runs across that use to remind me of abuse from a prior relationship, my breast have changed shapes in so many ways with each pregnancy, scars from losing one of our babies are slowly fading but still there, my thighs that never use to touch in high school have became best friends always side by side sticking together. All of those things are still in that reflections except the way I view all of them has changed. My tiger stripes remind me of the lives that formed in my body and with 3 prior miscarriages I recognize how beautiful each one of those tiger stripes are. My scar across my neck reminds me I am a victorious survivor! That God kept his promise brought me out of that situation and gave me an amazing man who would love me and my kiddos the way he promised. My breast have changed but guess what I still have them so I will love them for just being present. My thighs are beautiful!! I appreciate what I see staring back.
  I am not perfect and I know there are days when I put on something and that self talk regurgitates attempting to spill out and trickle into my girls ears but I refuse to let that happen. I challenge you to stand in front of that mirror and if you do not see the positive look for it! Before I blogged I messaged my best friend. I am random so I asked her how she viewed my body and how she saw hers. It is okay if you lose sight to ask someone around you to refresh your memory but we as women, as mothers, as role models have to stop looking at ourselves and only seeing the negative. We have to stop saying "well if only" nope you are beautiful! Your flaws are flawless!!!! Stop judging yourself so much! These tiny humans are living in a world where everything is photo shopped or half naked with what is said to be perfect bodies and if we do not love ourselves how can we expect them to do the same? We have to be the example! No more going shopping telling yourself you can't buy something because it will not look good in your size I call BS put it on rock it and own it! Confidence is beautiful! You are beautiful! You may think I have no kids I effect no one..... lies! Someone close to you is listening to how you treat yourself and mimicking it. So what better way to teach our future adults than show them. Embrace that beautiful, unique human staring back at you in the mirror and help me teach my girls that beauty is not one size, shape or color its loving yourself unconditionally, being beautiful wonderful you!!

Comments

Popular Posts