Mom life...The perfect mom



This is the week my kiddos are on fall break. That means 4 kiddos from ages 13-4 home. Two boys and two girls. That means my fridge is constantly open and hearing "I'm bored" followed by "Mom! Mom! Mom!" and random fighting between teen and tween are inevitable. To say this week has been one of the best weeks of my life is an utter lie. It has not! lol In all honesty does that make me a bad mom? Nope! That makes me an honest mom.
  I started out this week super strong homemade pancakes two days straight than Wednesday today hit and a quick trip to Walmart to grab some Lucky Charms happened. I can not say everyday I wake up with the most amazing energy and I rise from my bed untuck each child and we gracefully leave to take my husband to work because lets be real some nights we go to sleep on time others I am laying in bed watching crazy Dr. Pimple Popper videos until 12am knowing I will be a zombie by 5am. That's just life.

  I have no clue why us as women decide to constantly compare ourselves to Instagram mom's (speaking for myself) and think for some reason they don't have the same struggles as we do. Today these kids ate Lucky Charms and I had my shake for breakfast. We might get crazy for lunch and have PB&J made by my 8 year old and maybe a side salad with some fruit. Some days we wake up and craft all day and brace yourselves some days we lay around in pj's and we watch Netflix on multiple TV's. Everyday I take an hour to myself and after I exercise when dinner is served or while cooking I have a glass of wine.
  See the way I see it the perfect mom is the mom making sure her kids are fed, happy, well taken care of, good tiny human beings, they laugh, play, have amazing kind hearts are learning that they are amazing because not only do you tell them you take the time to be amazing for yourself so you can be amazing for them. A perfect mom takes care of herself if that means getting your hair done and having dinner with the girls or that means taking a nap and having someone else watch the kiddos. Whatever your idea of a perfect mom is and the many times you've told yourself you are not living up to it take all that and throw it out the door. You are doing amazing keep it up!! These crazy days will only be for a moment but the memories and love you give your kiddos will last for a lifetime. 

Comments

Popular Posts