I'm not ready!!

  I have become "that mom". The mom who will watch my child like a hawk, who will not let her cross street without me or run freely at the mall. Fifth grade or not 11 is not the same as 21 freedom is not hers yet.
  I'm currently on a bus right now back from her field trip. She's rolled her eyes several times at my disgust with the music. I'm sorry but no where in my childs life does she at any time need to know what a trap queen is or what it takes to be one. Thank you fetty but no thank you!! She cringed because a little girl laid her head on a boys chest and she knows if they kiss chances of me stepping in and sitting between them is rather high.
  Never have I wanted to be my child's bestie or wanted us to be just alike. I value our differences and our relationship but man I'm so not ready for her to get bigger. She drove her first gocart solo.! She rode her first big roller coaster. I know she's getting bigger and I can't stop it. I'm not ready!!
  OH LORD I thought I just witnessed kissing.....FALSE ALARM!


Comments

Popular Posts