Change of plans

  It's 6:19am on a Tuesday. I'm awake not wide awake but awake, it's more of a zombie like state. I have to switch laundry, have Lil man's homework that I put.....somewhere??, get snack ready and make sure everyone has clothes when they do wake up.
  However I was discovered!!! I'm downstairs sitting quietly. I thought I was capable of fleeing my room with my ninja like skills only to discover I had been caught. I should of known the silence was to good to be true, the lighting was just right. Slightly dim, romantic almost, the Christmas lights are the only thing lighting the room. Than the loud screeching "mommy" from the top of the stair case is heard throughout the house. Tiny feet can be heard shuffling upstairs followed by another scream. I was almost tempted to hide however this tiny ninja is that good she would of found me and my chance of any rest for the day would be gone.
  I go to the bottom of the stairs and there she is. Wild curls, tiny chubby cheeks, yesterday's shirt with today's pjs, screaming with her Adele like lungs "Mommy I want you". I'd trade silence in for that little face any day. I scoop her up and she nestles her little chubby cheeks on my shoulder. Eventually everything will get done but for now I'll sit in this beautiful lighting enjoying my tiny princess and rocking her back to sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts